Frequently Asked Questions about our Horse Training Program
Please click the question to see the answer
- For how long has the issue already existed? The longer the problem has been there, the longer it will take to erase the habit and to install a new response.
- Is the issue caused by physical problems, saddle fit or the rider?
- Is the issue caused by simple lack of education?
Some Problems are really easy to fix and can be solved in one week. Others, especially those that have already been there for a long time and come together with physical issues could take up to 8 weeks to fix.
We recommend bringing the horse for 2 days of evaluation to have a better picture of the situation and then make a decision.
- Passport of your horse
- A grooming kit
- Halter and Leadrope
- Bridle and saddle if you have one – for starting we can also provide a saddle
- Leg protection
- Fly spray in summer
- Fly mask in summer
1. what you tell them to do
2. what they are programmed to do by nature and humans
3. what you allow them to do
However, a program that has been installed at le Plessis can become deinstalled, by asking in the wrong way or if you repeatedly accept a wrong answer. This wrong answer will become the new program. The good thing is, horses never forget anything. So if you manage to ask again correctly and consistently, the horse will remember very quickly and give the correct response again.